allisyn wonderland

*learning & loving it! life in the 4th grade in brooklyn, NY*

Sunday, October 22, 2006

*Homework, Waterloo, + Curtains*

*Hello, everyone! I will be trying a new approach to homework this week. Basically, the idea is less homework, which should yield higher quality work. I know many of our kids aren't getting home until late, and people are questioning whether to pull kids out of after school programs. My feeling is, the kids are in school all day, and I hope for them to have at least a small break from school! Homework is an important element in building strong study habits, learning how to manage time, and reinforcing school work, however, when it is rushed, I don't believe it's really helping much at all. Let's see how this week goes! Please remind your child that because they are not getting homework in every subject each night this week, I expect to see BEST EFFORT put into every assignment. Thanks!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who has been so incredibly generous in helping us achieve our goal of raising enough money to go to Waterloo. We did it! The kids are really excited. I want to especially thank Maureen and the parent volunteers who have been meeting and organizing our fund raising events. Thank you Scott! We are organizing a meeting about our field trip to Waterloo for all 4th graders & parents this THURSDAY, October 26, at 8:30 am. Please mark your calendars and keep an eye out for more info. Check out Waterloo Village to learn more!

Finally, I bought some fun fabric to make curtains with. Anyone interested in helping us turn a sheet into curtains? Please let me know. Thanks a bunch**


**Allisyn

3 Comments:

Blogger Larry S said...

Less homwork, more concentrated effort- sounds great to me!

Larry (Jack's Dad)

10/23/2006 4:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Thank you so much I think that some people need it because they have things to do or they just get frustrated with the work that we had. But now that is all gone, for now.



Signed,
Allie Moogan

10/24/2006 4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Less homework is good news, because my son and I get home at 7:00 p.m. every day.

Genie (Stephan's Mom)

10/25/2006 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home